Firefighters battle fire at New Rochelle home

Firefighters say they have contained an early morning fire at a New Rochelle home.Authorities say the blaze broke out at around 4:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Crosby Place home. Police say eight students from Iona College lived at the home and were evacuated. Investigators say the fire doesn't appear to be suspicious and that it may have been caused by an electrical problem.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."