4 teens hospitalized with alcohol poisoning

Police say four teens were recently hospitalized in White Plains with alcohol poisoning after they drank a beverage that looks like an energy drink.

According to police, the teens drank Four Loko. One can of the drink contains 12 percent alcohol, caffeine and sugar. The malt liquor beverage is sold in most stores. Police say due to that combination, teens are getting violently ill.

"They call it Coke in a Can, it's a dangerous game," White Plains Police Commissioner David Chong says. "What they're doing is they're chugging it."

Chong warns store owners that they will be penalized if they do not ID people buying Four Loko, or any other alcoholic beverage.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."