Deerpark home fills with smoke after dog hits kitchen stove on

Firefighters were called to a home in Deerpark Tuesday morning after a fire was sparked by a dog.



Fire officials say the homeowner was dog sitting for a friend. They say she took out a container of dog food, left it on top of the stove and fell asleep. Somehow the dog managed to hit the stove on, causing the container to melt.



The homeowner and four dogs escaped unharmed. Fire officials say two of the dogs were treated for smoke inhalation, but are doing fine.


sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."