Two families displaced after early-morning apartment fire in Yonkers
A fire inside a Yonkers building completely destroyed two apartments units, leaving two families homeless. Investigators say the flame started inside a bathroom, and may have been caused by a candle left unattended.
Everyone was able to escape the fire, but residents say it was a challenge. Tenants complain that their landlord has been negligent. Some say it was difficult escaping the fire through windows because the landlord never fixed them. News 12 Westchester tried to contact the building's landlord, but calls were not returned.
The Red Cross was on scene to provide food, clothing and shelter to the two displaced families.