Blaze destroys house leaving Somers family homeless

A Somers family is left homeless after an electrical malfunction set their house ablaze Tuesday. The fire started at a single-family home on Pines Bridge Road shortly after 9 p.m.Officials say the isolated location of the home made it difficult to fight the blaze. Firefighters had to use a makeshift pool of water to extinguish the fire. Others fire departments were called in from several neighboring towns to help. Firefighters say the family was at home when the fire started, but no one was inured.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."