Students at a Harrison school sent home after heating system fails

Students were sent home Wednesday after their school's heating system broke.

The superintendent of the Harrison schools says at around 8:50 a.m. the boiler at Louis Klein Middle School malfunctioned. He says although heat was not lost immediately, students were taken to the neighboring elementary school as a precaution.

As the day progressed, officials realized the heating system was not going to be back up and running so students were sent home. Through the school's emergency notification system, students were either bused home or picked up by parents.

Classes will resume at the school on Thursday.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."