Sleepy Hollow landlord fined for renting one-family home to five families

When fire crews responded to a boiler explosion at a Sleepy Hollow home Wednesday, they found more than just a fire. Building inspectors are fining the landlord of 172 Valley Street for renting a one-family house to five different families. Village officials say there were three families living in the house, plus two additional rooms being rented out. Sleepy Hollow Fire Chief Jose Ojito says overcrowding is dangerous and can be a fire hazard for both tenants and firefighters.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."