Yonkers man dies after being found in house of horrors

Police say a Yonkers man died after being removed from what they describe as a house of horrors.

According to authorities, paramedics were called to 63-year-old Michael Link?s house by his brother Adam. They say Michael Link complained of shortness of breath. Paramedics found Link lying on a stack of debris in his own feces and say he had been in that position for at least a week. Responding firefighters say maggots had eaten through Link?s flesh. Link was taken to the hospital where he later died.

Police searched the home the next day wearing hazmat suits. Link?s brother is said to be undergoing psychiatric treatment. The county health department is investigating the matter.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."