Public works employee electrocuted while working on street lamp in Hastings

A public works employee was electrocuted while trying to fix a street lamp in Hastings Monday. Charles Murray, 29, was working on the Warburton Avenue Bridge around 10 a.m. when he was electrocuted. He and his co-worker were fixing wires on the lamp. Murray was taken to St. Johns Riverside Hospital in Yonkers where he was pronounced dead. Con Edison officials say their equipment was not involved in the accident and officials from the Village of Hastings have not commented on how it may have happened. Murray, who lived in Irvington, had worked for Hastings Public Works for 11 years. The Public Safety and Health Division of the State Labor Department is investigating the electrocution. The other employee working on the lamp was not injured.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."