Space heater apparent cause of fire in Hartsdale home

A fire caused extensive damage to a home in Hartsdale Thursday morning.

Firefighters say the blaze on Alexander Avenue was apparently caused by a space heater. Investigators believe the space heater was left on and caused an overload of an extension cord. The flames spread to the kitchen and there was smoke damage throughout the entire house.

There was no one home at the time of the fire. Firefighters say residents should pay close attention to all electrical appliances, especially heaters.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."