Home under renovation in New Rochelle goes up in flames

A home that was under renovation in New Rochelle went up in flames Sunday.

Fire officials say the blaze started shortly after 1 p.m. on Wilshire Road. Although no one was in the home when the fire broke out, officials say somehow the electrical panel managed to spark. The basement of the home caved in and a piano fell through the floor.

Officials say the fire does not appear suspicious. The fire was the third one in the city this week.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."