Utility worker burned by live wire in Greenburgh

A utility worker is lucky to be alive Friday after suffering burns from touching an exposed wire in Greenburgh.

Investigators say 38-year-old Scott Shuttlesworth, an electrical contractor working for Con Edison, apparently touched a high voltage line on Hartsdale Road. He was able to lower himself from the cherry picker to safety. Shuttlesworth was taken to Westchester Medical Center and treated for burns to his face.

The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is investigating to see if there was a malfunction to the equipment.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."