Fire mars holidays for Croton family

A fast-moving fire severely damaged a house and left a family homeless in Croton-on-Hudson this morning.



Fire officials say the blaze broke out around 9:15 a.m. on Angela Drive. When crews arrived, they found heavy flames on the second and third floors.



Inside the home was an elderly couple along with their daughter, her husband and two children, who are all visiting for the Christmas holiday. They were all able to get out safely.



More than 60 firefighters were needed because the 19th century home was mostly built of wood, and the fire was concentrated on the upper floors.



Investigators say the fire was started accidentally, but haven't released the exact cause.


sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."