Mother, son rescued from burning home in Spring Valley

A mother and her son were pulled from their burning home by firefighters in Spring Valley today.



The fast moving fire destroyed their home. The mother was hospitalized, but officials say neither suffered serious injuries.



Fire officials say the fire was sparked by a barbecue that sent fallen leaves up in flames.



Neighbors described hearing explosions during the fire, which fire officials say were caused by two aerosol cans that had been left on the home's porch. Piles of garbage bags made the fire worse.


sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."