Fire on Montgomery Street in Middletown leaves family of 5 without a home

Firefighters battled a blaze on Montgomery Street in Middletown Saturday that has left a family of five without a home.



They say the fire broke out at around 1:30 p.m. on a second-floor porch. The summer heat proved to be a big challenge for the 35 firefighters on the job, who attacked the smoke and flames from above because they say it was dangerously hot inside the home.



It is unclear if anyone was inside the home when the flames sparked, but officials say no one was injured. The Red Cross is helping out the father and his four children, who were living on the second floor of the home.



There is no word on a possible cause at this time, but officials say they do not think it is suspicious.


sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."