Fire destroys Cortlandt Manor home

A fire on Sunday evening destroyed a Cortlandt Manor home.



Neighbors say the blaze broke out at 9 Maple Court just as the family inside was sitting down to watch the Super Bowl.



No one was injured.



Officials say the fire started in the house's garage and was due to an electrical problem.



About 60 firefighters reportedly battled the fire.


sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."