Grease fire closes McDonald’s

A grease fire has closed a McDonald's in Cortlandt Manor.



Firefighters say flames sparked around 9:30 p.m. Wednesday in the fryer and then spread into the ducts above.



Fire extinguishers were used to put out the blaze before it could spread to the rest of the restaurant. No one was hurt.



There is no word on when the McDonald's will reopen.


sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."