Salon catches fire in Yonkers

Two Yonkers firefighters are recovering from smoke inhalation after fighting a late night fire at a hair and nail salon.



Officials say the fire started at Lorena's Body Shoppe on McLean Avenue near Park Hill Avenue just after 10 p.m. Sunday.



A worker says it was caused by a portable space heater that was left on.



The firefighters were treated and released.



There is no word yet on when the salon it will reopen. Businesses next door to the salon say they were not affected from the fire.


sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."