New Rochelle tenants lose power after electrical fire

Tenants in New Rochelle lost power after an electrical fire in their apartment building. 



Investigators said a contractor pulled an electrical line out of the wall, which sparked the fire in an electrical service room that feeds some 80 apartments inside 130 Pelham Road.



New Rochelle firefighters contained the flames to the service room.



Tenants like Carmine Gervino told News 12 that this is the second time a fire broke out in the circuit room just this week.



The American Red Cross was helping tenants who may need a place to stay.


sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."