CO leak in Mamaroneck CVS injures 1

A carbon monoxide leak in Mamaroneck sent one person to the hospital and forced the evacuation of a CVS Tuesday morning.



Firefighters responded to the CVS at 100 East Boston Post Road after a strong smell of gas was reported inside the store.



Con Edison shut down the CVS' heating and cooling systems, leaving employees and customers out in the cold.



The CVS manager was taken to the hospital for carbon monoxide symptoms.



Crews say the leak originated from the store's malfunctioning furnace, which sent the potentially lethal gas into the duct system of the building.



Although the fire department said it is safe to return to the store, there is no word yet on when it will reopen.


sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."