Two families homeless after fire
Two families are homeless this morning after a fire in their multi-family home on River Road in New Windsor.
Fire officials say a passer-by spotted smoke coming from the second floor of a multi-family home on River Road around 9:15 a.m.
While crews were able to quickly put out the flames, they say the second-floor apartment was destroyed. The first floor suffered smoke and water damage.
Officials say the blaze appears to have been caused by an electrical problem.
Investigators say no one was home at the time of the fire. The Red Cross is helping the families that are displaced.