Gas leak forces day care evacuation

A day care center located on the Montrose VA hospital campus was evacuated today due to a gas leak.



Officials say that employees smelled gas just after 9 a.m. in Building 29 at the VA facility. Children and workers were cleared from the building as fire crews and Con Edison checked out the source of the leak.



Everyone was allowed back into the facility after about 90 minutes.



No injuries were reported.


sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."