Eastchester couple rescued after house fire

An Eastchester couple had to be rescued by police from their home after a fire Wednesday morning.



The flames ignited on Greenvale Place at around 9 a.m.



The couple and a police officer were taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation.



Firefighters believe that the fire began in the kitchen. They say it will be some time before anyone can move back in because the home was severely damaged.


sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."