Mexican restaurant closes after chimney duct fire

A popular Mexican restaurant in downtown Yonkers is closed until further notice after a fire in a chimney duct.

Flames and heavy smoke broke out at the Pollos Al Carbon Restaurant at 204 New Main St. in Yonkers just before 10 a.m.

No injuries were reported.

People living in the apartments above the restaurant have returned to their homes.

 

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."