Woman escapes Mount Hope fire through window
A Mount Hope woman escaped a devastating house fire through her window.
Mount Hope fire officials say a 72-year-old woman, who lived alone inside her house on Schoolhouse Road, was woken up by a smoke alarm. They say she tried to get out of her bedroom but couldn't because of the flames in her hallway. Officials say she jumped out of her first-floor window to escape the flames at around 2 a.m.
The woman wasn't hurt, and her son says the house will be rebuilt.
Officials say the fire, which scorched almost the entire house, started in the living room and was likely caused by an electrical problem.