Police: No abduction at Newburgh Mall

Newburgh police now say that a child abduction did not take place at the Newburgh Mall on Route 300 Saturday afternoon.



In a release, Newburgh town police said that its officers investigated a report of a possible abduction with help from state police officers. However, they later said in a statement that "the parties in question were located, interviewed, and it was determined that no abduction took place."



The mall had been placed on lockdown for more than two hours while police investigated.



Officials say the search began after a shopper told police he had seen a man disappear with a young girl who looked unhappy. Police later found the pair. The man was the girl's father.


sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."