Fire damages restaurant in Sleepy Hollow
A small fire broke out at a local restaurant in Sleepy Hollow last week, fire officials say.
Dozens of patrons were evacuated from J.P. Doyle's pub at around 9:30 p.m. when a volunteer firefighter dining at the restaurant smelled smoke.
Firefighters say they believe the wood behind the oven was so old that it started to heat up and released a lot of smoke throughout the building.
Officials say there was no major damage to the restaurant and it should re-open soon.
Officials say one firefighter was taken to Phelps Memorial Hospital with an eye injury, but he's expected to recover.