Early morning fire leaves two families homeless

Two families in White Plains are now homeless after a fire broke out on their Ferris Avenue block early yesterday morning.

Scattered sheet rock and shattered windows are some of the only remnants of the house.

Angelica Carranza, one of victims, said that she smelled smoke and ran to grab her family and first-floor neighbor.

No injuries are being reported and fire officials say the fire was sparked by an electrical malfunction.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."