Renovations at Hawthorne office complex spark ceiling fire
An office complex in Hawthorne had to be evacuated just after 10 a.m. today after fire officials say construction crews started a fire on the roof.
Renovations were being made to the Landmark Office Complex off Old Saw Mill River Road when the fire erupted on the roof.
Crews were apparently working with blowtorches in the area where the fire originated, leading investigators to believe it was likely those same workers who started the blaze.
Only one of the construction workers was sent to the hospital for smoke inhalation. No one else was injured in the incident.
OSHA is being called in to inspect the building and the damage it withstood today.