Christmas lights spark house fire in Bronxville

A Bronxville home sustained heavy damage on Christmas Eve morning after some Christmas lights caught fire. Fire officials say the flames ignited in the dining room of the house at 303 Pondfield Road at around 5:30 a.m.The homeowner says before she and her family went to bed last night, one of the last things they did was turn off all of the Christmas lights in the house, but that, apparently, didn't stop some of the lights from continuing to burn. Fire officials say a combination of the hot light bulbs and garland pressed up against a dining-room mantle sparked the fire.It took the Eastchester Fire Department about 45 minutes to put out the flames, which were contained to the dining room and hallway. Neighbors say the fire-alarm system woke the family in time.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."