Police: Parents arrested after 6 toddlers ingest PCP
Police say three people are under arrest after six small children were hospitalized yesterday for overdosing on the powerful drug PCP, also known as angel dust.
Yonkers police say they received a report of a sick child at the home on Van Cortlandt Park Avenue yesterday. They arrived to find six sick children, all under the age of five. After they were rushed to the hospital, officials say it was determined that they had ingested PCP.
Today, police say they've arrested the children's mother, father and a third adult. All three have been charged with endangering the welfare of a child.
A source tells News 12 that it's believed the father was smoking PCP and allegedly blew smoke in their faces to calm them down.
Three of the children remain hospitalized at Westchester Medical Center and one is in critical condition.
Experts say the drug is so potent that it can sicken people through skin contact alone. Officers donned hazmat suits to enter the home yesterday. Police: 6 toddlers overdose on PCP in Yonkers