Hudson Valley man believed to be dead of CO poisoning

Carbon monoxide poisoning is being suspected in the death of a Hudson Valley man today.

Hazmat teams responded to a call at 19 Wilshire Drive in Chestnut Ridge just after 12:45 p.m.

When they arrived, crews found Norman Durham dead inside a bedroom.

Officials believe the death may have been caused by the carbon monoxide from the generator left in his closed garage. The generator was left running because he didn't have power in the home from the storm.

According to officials, the carbon monoxide levels were 70 times above safe levels in the home.

So far, four other people across the Hudson Valley have been killed because of storm-related injuries.

Kent woman killed by falling utility pole during storm3 killed in wrong-way crash in White Plains

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."