Tappan Zee Bridge dangler pleads not guilty to charges
The man who staged a bizarre protest on the Tappan Zee Bridge last week faced a judge today in Greenburgh and pleaded not guilty to charges in connection to the incident. Michael Davitt, 54, said he was sorry for the dangerous stunt he pulled high above the Hudson River. His court-appointed lawyer pleaded not guilty on his behalf to all of the charges he's facing, which include trespassing, reckless endangerment and resisting arrest. Last week, the fired Rockland County worker drove a van onto the bridge and dangled from a rope ladder for hours, waving a banner relating to his long-standing beef with the county. He says he was upset over losing his drug counseling job with the Department of Mental Health.Although he apologized today, he says he has no regrets over the stunt.Davitt again made headlines earlier this week when he was tossed out of a county public hearing for being disruptive. He is due back in court on Dec. 8.
For an extended interview with Michael Davitt, go to channel 612 on your iO digital cable box and select iO Extra.
Tappan Zee Bridge protester speaks exclusively with News 12Tappan Zee Bridge protester facing chargesProtester in custody after dangling off Tappan Zee Bridge