Fire forces seniors from Croton housing complex

Fire officials are investigating an overnight fire at a senior housing complex in Croton.

The blaze broke out just before 1 a.m. at the Springdale Apartments on Albany Post Road.

When Montrose firefighters arrived on the scene, they found heavy smoke coming out of the building. They believe the fire started in the utility room of the basement.

About a dozen seniors were taken to another building nearby, but no one was injured.

It is unknown when they'll be able to return to their homes. The Red Cross is on the scene and helping the people who live there.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."