Fireplace to blame in Cortlandt Manor house fire

A house on Dimond Avenue in Cortlandt Manor caught fire Sunday night due to the home's fireplace, according to police.

The house had lost power, and the homeowner had the fireplace going for warmth and to provide light. However, the home caught fire and firefighters from multiple towns responded to put out the flames.

No one was injured, but the homeowners have been displaced and are not allowed back inside.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."