WC hospital sees spike in carbon monoxide poisoning

With thousands of Westchester residents using backup generators to heat and power their homes, officials are warning of the dangers posed by carbon monoxide.Officials from Westchester County Medical Center say they've noticed a spike in cases of carbon monoxide poisoning this week. One doctor says all of the patients treated had believed they were keeping their generators at a safe distance, but in fact, were not. Health officials say carbon monoxide poisoning is tricky because the deadly gas cannot be seen or tasted. They say by the time people detect symptoms, it's often too late.Authorities say residents on backup generators should use carbon monoxide detectors and should ensure generators are run outside at a safe distance from homes.More than 200K without power in WC, HVCDC Carbon Monoxide FAQsEPA Carbon Monoxide Info

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."