Man injured in Yonkers hazmat spill
Yonkers police say a 44-year-old man has been hospitalized with severe injuries after he was exposed to dangerous chemicals at his job.
Officials say the man was moving containers at Electronic Devices, Inc. on Gray Oaks Avenue when several gallons of hydo-fluoric acid were spilled.
Some two dozen workers were evacuated while firefighters in hazmat suits removed the containers and cleaned up the spill.
The man, whose identity has not been released, was taken to Dobbs Ferry Hospital with severe burns. He was later air-lifted to Westchester Medical Center in respiratory failure.
The health department says it will determine when the electronics workers can get back inside the building.