Officials: Electrical issue started 4-alarm Port Chester fire

Fire officials have concluded that an electrical issue was to blame for a four-alarm fire in Port Chester yesterday.

The fire started early in the afternoon at a three-story building on Midland Avenue.

Building crews were working on tearing down the building after it was deemed too dangerous to leave standing.

Several families were displaced and two businesses were destroyed after the fire broke out and quickly engulfed the entire structure. The Red Cross is helping those families find a new place to live and rebuild their lives.

4-alarm fire engulfs Port Chester building

sorry to interrupt
your first 5 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 5 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."