Tenants forced to cook Thanksgiving meal on burner

Some tenants who live in a Bronx apartment building say they have no gas to cook their Thanksgiving dinner.



The tenants at 14 Marcy Place say they have been without cooking gas since Oct. 5 because of a leak in the building. They say Con Edison shut off the gas to 66 apartments as a precaution.



Since then, tenants have been using hot plates, provided by the building's management, to cook their meals.



A petition was started last month after tenants say they were getting no answer from management about when the gas would be turned back on.



Marcy Management sent a letter to residents saying that they hired workers to replace gas pipes in the basement and are working to resolve the problem.


sorry to interrupt
your first 5 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 5 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."