NORTH SALEM - A lightning strike from Wednesday night's storm ignited a fire at a storage shed in North Salem.
The fire started at around 7 p.m. on Sugar Hill Road. The owner of the shed, Michael Hanson, says his wife heard a big bang when the storm hit. When Hanson arrived home, he found his storage shed on fire with smoke pouring out.
The fire destroyed the storage shed and its contents, including garden tools and old furniture.
Hanson says he is thankful the lightning did not strike his house.