Gas leak forces evacuations in Mount Vernon

A ruptured pipe caused the evacuation of residents

A ruptured pipe caused the evacuation of residents on Dunham Avenue in Mount Vernon this morning. (March 24, 2014 5:07 PM)

A gas leak forced some residents to be evacuated in Mount Vernon this morning.

Fire officials say a construction crew ruptured a pipeline with a backhoe just before 11 a.m. today on Dunham Avenue right off East Sandford Boulevard.

Twenty people from 16 homes were told to leaves their houses.

A stretch of the street was blocked off as crews worked to repair the leak. Con Ed utility...

Content Preview This content is exclusive for Optimum, Time Warner®, Comcast®, customers with access to News 12.

Already registered or an Optimum customer?
Log in
Time Warner®, Comcast® or Service ElectricSM customer?
Create an account
Not a customer?
Subscribe

Comments

advertisement | advertise on News 12

advertisement | advertise on News 12