Fire rips through home on Seven Springs Road in Monroe

A fire that destroyed a house in Monroe Tuesday is now being called suspicious by officials. Orange and Rockland Utility crews cut the pipe underground

The house's natural gas had to be turned

The house's natural gas had to be turned off to get the fire under control. (Credit: News 12)

MONROE - A fire that destroyed a house in Monroe Tuesday is now being called suspicious by officials.

The fire sparked at around 12:45 p.m. on Seven Springs Road, near the Kiryas Joel border. Firefighters say they were concerned about natural gas because the fire had ignited the house's meter. Orange and Rockland Utility crews cut the pipe underground to turn off the natural gas so the fire could be put out.

A man who claims to rent the home says he had been gone all day, praying at temple.

No official cause has been determined, though News 12 spotted an arson dog being led around the scene Tuesday afternoon.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

VIDEO: Chopper 12 over Tappan Zee Bridge construction 1 VIDEO: Chopper 12 over Tappan Zee Bridge construction
Kristina's Korner tracks the 2 Trending: "NASA Discovers Habitable Worlds"
Assignment Desk Editor Dave Wolf previews some of 3 News 12 Westchester top stories for 02/23
Police are investigating reports of suspicious activity or 4 Suspicious activity prompts large Yonkers police presence.
With a sprawling, scenic property in Orange County 5 Police: Man imprisoned at bed and breakfast for years

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE