NEWBURGH - A home in the Middlehope section of Newburgh went up in flames Saturday while residents were still inside.

Dozens of firefighters extinguished the blaze at 26 Brooker Drive in about an hour, but the home couldn't be saved. The family that lives there was inside at the time, but luckily everyone got out safely.

One family member says the flames started in a barbecue smoker located under a covered porch in front of the house.

A firefighter was injured and taken to a local hospital for treatment.