YONKERS - A fire damaged a vacant home on the southwest side of Yonkers early Wednesday morning.

The fire sparked just after midnight at a multifamily home on Linden Street. Neighbors say they are relieved the fire did not spread.

A woman who lives next door says the home has been vacant for the past three years.

Yonkers Fire Chief Brian Travers says the fire is being investigated, but it does not appear to be suspicous or intentional. There was some concern people were discarding cigarettes nearby, but Travers says there is no evidence of that.