+-

Fire damages vacant home on Grand Street in Croton

A gas line may helped fuel the flames

A gas line may helped fuel the flames on Grand Street (February 18, 2014 8:45 AM)

A gas line may have helped fuel the flames on Grand Street. A vacant home in Croton-on-Hudson was damaged by an overnight fire.

Flames and heavy smoke broke out just before 2 a.m. today in the basement of a house on Grand Street. Neighbors next door were evacuated as a precaution.

Con Ed was on the scene to turn off the gas in the home, which may have fueled the flames even more.

One...

Content Preview This content is exclusive for Optimum, Time Warner®, Comcast®, customers with access to News 12.

Already registered or an Optimum customer?
Log in
Time Warner®, Comcast® or Service ElectricSM customer?
Create an account
Not a customer?
Subscribe

Comments

advertisement | advertise on News 12

advertisement | advertise on News 12