YONKERS - There were some intense moments at a Yonkers gas station this morning after a fire broke out near some gas pumps.
Fire officials say the flames broke out around 11:30 a.m. at the Shell gas station along Executive Boulevard. They think the blaze was sparked in the electrical panel of the repair shop at the station only about 30 feet away from the gas pumps.
When the flames broke out there were two employees and two customers in the mini-mart along with a woman pumping gas. No one was injured.
The station's owner tells News 12 that the gas pumps reopened as soon the fire department left. The repair shop where the fire originated will have to wait to reopen after a Con Ed inspection.