Fire breaks out at home of Irish Christian Brothers of Iona College
NEW ROCHELLE - A New Rochelle building that is home to a group of Irish Christian Brothers went up in flames Friday.
The fire sparked at the residence at 33 Beechmont Drive off of North Avenue in New Rochelle. The seven brothers who live there work at nearby Iona College. They all got out of the house safely.
The fire was brought under control in less than an hour, but dozens of firefighters remained at the scene hours later.
Read More: Westchester Top Stories
Officials say the fire started around 3 p.m. Friday. There is no official cause of the fire yet, but it may have been electrical.