PLEASANTVILLE - Several people were forced out of their homes in the middle of the night after an overnight fire in Pleasantville.

Smoke and flames broke out just before 2 a.m. today at a three-family house on Meadow Lane.

Pleasantville firefighters say five people were inside at the time of the blaze. They believe the fire started on the second floor. One resident told News 12 that the cause may  have been from a bed that caught fire from an overheated laptop.

Some of the displaced are being helped by the Westchester Red Cross. There are no injuries to report.

No word on what sparked the blaze.