Dog alerts resident to house fire on Willow Place in Mount Vernon

Louis Antunez says his dog woke him up

Louis Antunez says his dog woke him up and he managed to escape the fire. (August 7, 2014 8:30 PM)

A Mount Vernon man says his dog is his hero after she alerted him that his house was on fire Thursday afternoon.

The fire sparked at 3 Willow Place just after 12 p.m. Louis Antunez, the only resident home at the time, was asleep until he was awakened by his dog Lulu barking. Antunez says he was able to crawl through the smoke to safety.

Firefighters were forced to evacuate the house...

Content Preview This content is exclusive for Optimum, Time Warner®, Comcast®, customers with access to News 12.

Already registered or an Optimum customer?
Log in
Time Warner®, Comcast® or Service ElectricSM customer?
Create an account
Not a customer?
Subscribe

Comments

advertisement | advertise on News 12

advertisement | advertise on News 12