Deerpark home fills with smoke after dog hits kitchen stove on

Firefighters were called to a home in Deerpark Tuesday morning after a fire was sparked by a dog.

The homeowner says the dog managed to turn

The homeowner says the dog managed to turn the stove on and melt a container.

DEERPARK - Firefighters were called to a home in Deerpark Tuesday morning after a fire was sparked by a dog.

Fire officials say the homeowner was dog sitting for a friend. They say she took out a container of dog food, left it on top of the stove and fell asleep. Somehow the dog managed to hit the stove on, causing the container to melt.

The homeowner and four dogs escaped unharmed. Fire officials say two of the dogs were treated for smoke inhalation, but are doing fine.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

Police say an employee was stabbed inside the 1 Police: Worker stabbed inside White Plains Stop and Shop
A beloved North Rockland cheerleading coach who was 2 Hundreds gather to mourn loss of beloved North Rockland cheer coach
3 Westchester/Hudson Valley Sportscast, Dec. 9
Kristina's Korner tracks the 4 Trending: 'Mick Jagger Baby' and 'Celebrity Apprentice'
They say Ken Smith, who was sick all 5 Mount Vernon police search for missing NYC corrections officer

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Kristina Cartwright heads to a fun and different Where Are We On Wednesdays?

Kristina Cartwright heads to a fun and different location in the Hudson Valley!

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE